I thought I’d give you a lowdown of my makeup routine (not so much a routine as grabbing the closest product…)
Starting with a clean face (obviously, I have a slight thing about washing my hands, so my face is the same) and sunscreen (currently Nimue Professional SPF40).
- Primer – I don’t always use a primer as I don’t really find it does anything for me. I have a few different ones – ELF Poreless, Maybelline Baby Skin, MAC Peachlite strobe cream, Catrice Prime & Fine Beautifying Primer.
- Foundation – I have a few different ones: Maybelline Fit Me Smooth & Poreless (bought in the US), L’Oreal Infallible, Essence Soft Touch Mouse and the Get Picture Ready compact, Avon Colortrend light foundation. Applied with either a brush or (ripoff) beauty blender sponge.
- Concealer – this depends on how much coverage I want and if I have any discolouration going on, but I usually stick with Essence Camouflage and the concealer stick or NYX Above and Beyond. I also have various colour concealers from Essence and LA Girl.
- Powder – Yardley Translucent Buff loose powder is usually the winner, but I also sometimes use ELF Beautifully Bare Finishing Powder, Ben Nye Banana Powder, Essence Mattifying compact.
- Eyeshadow – I have numerous palettes from Essence and Makeup Revolution (all the way from Germany!), as well as a couple MAC shadows and some odds and ends mostly bought on a whim.
- Eyeliner – my holy grail is Essence Longlasting Eyeliner in Berry Merry, I wear it 6 out of the 7 days of the week (boring, I know). Takealot recently had a cosmetic sale and I bought 5 cause I haven’t been able to find it in stores for a while and was starting to go into a panic attack…I have a tiny drawer filled with liners, various brands including Catrice, Essence, MAC and some odds and ends.
- Eyebrows – I have this habit of messing up my eyebrows despite them being meticulously shaped by Marni Makeup Artist. I use the Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set and the Essence Make Me Brow.
- Mascara – My favourite is Maybelline Define-A-Lash, I’m more for lengthening than volumising varieties. Others include Covergirl The Supersizer, Avon Super Extend Extreme, Avon Super Extend and Essence Lash Princess (peach cap).
- Blusher – Gosh, I’m a total blusher addict. I have about 8 to 10 which I use on a rotational basis, brand include MAC (Dainty, my go-to for years now), Essence, Milani (Luminoso! Whoohoo!), Maybelline, Catrice and…I can’t remember. I also have a AMAZING blush palette from Makeup Revolution (Blush & Contour Palette in Golden Sugar).
- Highlighter – I’ve found that I like powders better than liquids, I just can’t get the liquid application down. Liquids include MAC, Maybelline, Catrice. Powders are Essence Prismatic Rainbow (and a few trend edition varieties), LA Girl Strobelite, ELF Baked Highlighter.
- Lipstick – I usually only apply this when I get to the office or in my car on the way to work. I’m horrible with lipstick, I keep forgetting to reapply and end up looking weird. I’m more of a gloss type person, but I recently received a Colourpop liquid lip in my Boxycharm subscription box (read about it here) and it’s amaaaazing. I do have numerous lipsticks and -glosses from mostly Avon and Essence.
- Finishing spray – I usually forget this, but I have ELF and Project Beauty Spray.Set.Go (Boxycharm item!).
Did I forget something…? I feel I’m forgetting something…
6 thoughts on “My makeup routine…”
I’ve been so curious about Avon makeup, I may need to try the products you mentioned. 😉
They have lots of great items! They also usually have some limited edition stuff in each catalogue that smell amazing!
Love the look, its very chic. Great postxx
Thanks so much! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m also a massive blusher fan! 😀 I actually loved reading this post ❤ x
Thank you! Hope you enjoy my other posts as well! 🙂