I thought I’d give you a lowdown of my makeup routine (not so much a routine as grabbing the closest product…)
Starting with a clean face (obviously, I have a slight thing about washing my hands, so my face is the same) and sunscreen (currently Nimue Professional SPF40).
- Primer – I don’t always use a primer as I don’t really find it does anything for me. I have a few different ones – ELF Poreless, Maybelline Baby Skin, MAC Peachlite strobe cream, Catrice Prime & Fine Beautifying Primer.
- Foundation – I have a few different ones: Maybelline Fit Me Smooth & Poreless (bought in the US), L’Oreal Infallible, Essence Soft Touch Mouse and the Get Picture Ready compact, Avon Colortrend light foundation. Applied with either a brush or (ripoff) beauty blender sponge.
- Concealer – this depends on how much coverage I want and if I have any discolouration going on, but I usually stick with Essence Camouflage and the concealer stick or NYX Above and Beyond. I also have various colour concealers from Essence and LA Girl.
- Powder – Yardley Translucent Buff loose powder is usually the winner, but I also sometimes use ELF Beautifully Bare Finishing Powder, Ben Nye Banana Powder, Essence Mattifying compact.
- Eyeshadow – I have numerous palettes from Essence and Makeup Revolution (all the way from Germany!), as well as a couple MAC shadows and some odds and ends mostly bought on a whim.
- Eyeliner – my holy grail is Essence Longlasting Eyeliner in Berry Merry, I wear it 6 out of the 7 days of the week (boring, I know). Takealot recently had a cosmetic sale and I bought 5 cause I haven’t been able to find it in stores for a while and was starting to go into a panic attack…I have a tiny drawer filled with liners, various brands including Catrice, Essence, MAC and some odds and ends.
- Eyebrows – I have this habit of messing up my eyebrows despite them being meticulously shaped by Marni Makeup Artist. I use the Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set and the Essence Make Me Brow.
- Mascara – My favourite is Maybelline Define-A-Lash, I’m more for lengthening than volumising varieties. Others include Covergirl The Supersizer, Avon Super Extend Extreme, Avon Super Extend and Essence Lash Princess (peach cap).
- Blusher – Gosh, I’m a total blusher addict. I have about 8 to 10 which I use on a rotational basis, brand include MAC (Dainty, my go-to for years now), Essence, Milani (Luminoso! Whoohoo!), Maybelline, Catrice and…I can’t remember. I also have a AMAZING blush palette from Makeup Revolution (Blush & Contour Palette in Golden Sugar).
- Highlighter – I’ve found that I like powders better than liquids, I just can’t get the liquid application down. Liquids include MAC, Maybelline, Catrice. Powders are Essence Prismatic Rainbow (and a few trend edition varieties), LA Girl Strobelite, ELF Baked Highlighter.
- Lipstick – I usually only apply this when I get to the office or in my car on the way to work. I’m horrible with lipstick, I keep forgetting to reapply and end up looking weird. I’m more of a gloss type person, but I recently received a Colourpop liquid lip in my Boxycharm subscription box (read about it here) and it’s amaaaazing. I do have numerous lipsticks and -glosses from mostly Avon and Essence.
- Finishing spray – I usually forget this, but I have ELF and Project Beauty Spray.Set.Go (Boxycharm item!).
Did I forget something…? I feel I’m forgetting something…